Greater Power

This is a reply to @tferriss about his podcast with Stuart Brand.

For ME, the best segment was starting about 1h 5min, when you’re talking about experience. I have a degree in engineering, and have been ‘logically’ oriented for much of my life. Recently I have felt unfulfilled, and have been going through a process of self-discovery (with a Therapist, using methods developed by John Gottman). This is intended to allow my ‘true Self’ to guide my life (I have realized I’m overrun with logic).

Through this, my realization has been: To be a better human, I must BE more Human. Humans are illogical, and we have certain senses about things. I read a quote yesterday, before I listened to the podcast (Meditations for Women Who Do Too Much Anne Wilson Schaef):  

A POWER GREATER THAN OURSELVES
“It is not primarily abstract ideas which affect our spirituality, that is, our experience of and with God.” –Sandra M. Schneiders

We cannot approach God or the process of the universe through ideas. Theology is trying to think out God and often asks us to deny our experience of a power greater than ourselves.
                When we learn to trust our own perceptions and experience, we discover that we begin to have a relationship with the process of the universe. In fact, as we do our recovery work, we discover that when we are licing out of our own process, we are one with the universe. We are the holomovement.
                This living process that is us is, at the same time, greater than ourselves. When we are truly ourselves, we are more than ourselves. We do not have to look for spirituality. We are spirituality.

                MY EXPERIENCE of the infinite cannot begin with my head.

To me, this really puts things into perspective. We KNOW how finite we are. What makes us believe we can even come near this while being ‘in ourselves.’ I also like how Stuart spoke (more than once) about being outside ourselves (whether basic training, or playing ‘slaughter’).



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Occam’s Protocol

Confessions of a runner: I never learned to run! (NOBLE Running form)

Alternative Training